2.28.2011

pecha kucha recap





















Last week, I gave an in-progress presentation in the style of Pecha Kucha. I looked at it as another project brief—a different way to get my ideas across. Pecha Kucha is a trademarked presentation style with 20 slides, and 20 seconds per slide. I quickly found I had much more I wanted to talk about than the 6.666 minutes allotted. On top of the time restriction, I also volunteered to speak in front of visiting designer, and new Pentagram partner, Eddie Opara. I was the first to present in front of him, and I tried my best to remain casual and confident. After all, I had to come across as the expect of wordplay. He was familiar with Pentagram designer, Harry Pearce's book and recommended to listen to podcast(?) of him speaking about his book.

After the presentation, I am unsure of some of the "nyms" I have chosen, and am looking to revise a few of them. I have to keep reminding myself I can continue pursuing these aspects of wordplay in my future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment